Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Black Cat 15th Anniversary Party with Gray Matter


I went to see Gray Matter the other night at the Black Cat. I went to high school with Mark, one of the guitar players. The drummer is the club owner. This was a reunion show to celebrate 15 years in business. One of the few places in DC to see the music they don't play on the radio. I spent a lot of time at the Black Cat when I first moved back to the area seeing ska shows. Didn't get a chance to catch up with Mark, but had a good time with a few other buddies from an era long gone, but remembered fondly : ) I was going to dead shows when the punk scene was happening in DC, but here are a couple of my favorite Gray Matter songs off of the only punk vinyl I own : )


Great cover - I Am The Walrus


Caffeine Blues

No comments: