Friday, June 6, 2008

Redneck Chowder


Time to get all culinary on your ass. My go-to comfort food of choice? Mac and cheese (must be generic powdered variety, pay more than 75¢ and you were ripped off) with cut up hotdogs, crystal hot sauce, (no other hot sauce can touch the crystal) and Italian bread crumbs. I have many variations, but this is the basic, bare bones recipe.

Cooking tip: Cut up the hotdogs and boil them right in the macaroni.

Learn it, live it, love it. Don’t call me if your arteries harden.

Disgusting you say! Don’t knock it until you try it! What's yours!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I must disagree with you on the Crystal. While it's enjoyable on certain things (like cottage cheese) I don't think you can beat Cholula for your every day hot sauce. That being said, here's my variation on the mac and cheese.

Ground turkey
Old El Paso taco seasoning
Keilbasa

Fry them all up together and mix into your favorite dairy based pasta product. While there's more cleanup than your variety I highly suggest you try it.