Saturday, September 27, 2008

O's game - United game.

For the last few years my buddy M.C. Homemade has come to town once a summer when the Sox are here for a stretch with the Birds. He's here for a visit with family for sure, but also because you can get a cheap seat at the yard for $12. Cheapest seat in Bean Town is like $80. Ouch. He can see 2 or 3 games here and it's a bargain. I like baseball all right, but I meet my boy for a chance to hang out and catch up in person. At heart I am a soccer fan.

What I have noticed the last couple of years, is that there are as many or more Red Sox fans at the game, than than there are Baltimore fans. Wow.

Here is a telling video I shot. Everyone is just happy to be there.



That's cool I guess. But I like a little old fashion emotion when a rival comes to town. Like when the Cowboys come to FedEx. Cowboy's fans are welcome, but don't think the concessions gal isn't going to spit in your $15 beer.

Now for me, at a DC United game you are more likely to find some real hometown fans. For about $20 you can get a cheap seat, then move just about anywhere and get away with it. I like to sit behind Barra Brava. Yell, scream, throw your beer in the air, chant and cuss. Yup, that's a game. These fans don't sit for the entire game. The fight songs run from one into the next and everyone knows the words. Here is a clip I took in the tunnel at half time.



MC, next trip I'll take you to chocolate city for a game while you are in town.

No comments: